Do you experience Anxiety?
Many experience anxiety, anxiety attacks, or what they call panic attacks. They can come in slightly different forms and for many different reasons depending on your temperament.
What is Anxiety?
Anxiety is the feeling you get when a concern in your life begins to grow in an unhealthy manner. You will begin to worry, become nervous, feel troubled, or have an excessive or sometimes unreasonable uneasiness which leads you to an inexplicable fear towards someone, something, or simply an idea.
Why do I have anxiety?
You will usually experience anxiety with things that involve the future like when you’re anticipating the worst, usually a coming disaster or an unfortunate event, or when you don’t know how things will turn out. These fears eventually begin to interfere or harm your personal life with friends and family.
What are some example “triggers” of anxiety or anxiety attacks?
- You get a text message from your spouse that says “I have some bad news.”
- Your bank calls you and negative thoughts begin to go through your head before they tell you why they called.
- You wake up in the morning and begin to think of the day ahead of you.
- Your boss says, “We need to talk.”
- Your phone rings and dread even looking at it to see who it is.
Symptoms of Anxiety or Panic attacks are:
- Over thinking
- Constant worry
- Rapid heart rate
- Shortness of breath/ hyperventilating
- The “jitters”
- Profuse sweating, especially the hands or underarms
- Feeling of being cornered
- The feeling of hopelessness “there’s no way out”
- No appetite or extreme cravings for junk food
- feelings of haziness or cloudiness
- tightness in the stomach
- Irregular bowel movements
Treatment for anxiety
Many will treat your anxiety attacks with pills, but we believe, for most cases, this will hinder you as the pills suppress the feeling so it keeps you from dealing with the real issue. The anxiety symptoms are in you for a reason. Your body is telling you something and the anxiety medication numbs those feelings, therefore a quick fix to what could be a catastrophic problem. The stress on your body would be like carrying an elephant on your back all day. Imagine what kind of damage that would do to your body. Taking pills to numb the pain will help cause further damage.
How can I get rid of my anxiety attacks?
If you are experiencing constant panic or anxiety, Contact us immediately. We are here to serve your Anxiety Counseling needs in Anaheim Hills, CA. There’s no reason you should feel tortured with worry.